Audiokarma.org
Audiokarma Featured Sponsor

Go Back   AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums > Exclusively Sansui


We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Endzone's Avatar
Endzone Endzone is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 403
Sansui B-2201

Only $2,000 on Ebay for this beat up unit? These EBay guys smoke a lot of crack--I'm telling you.

You could buy one new at a military base in 1988 for $550. This unit doesn't have the control or pre-amp unit that went with it. I don't like doing business on Ebay. I wonder what one in really good shape would actually be worth?
__________________
10% of life is what happens to you. The other 90% is how you deal with it.

Last edited by nosirrah; 12-01-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: ebay links forbidden in the forum
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Nicowico's Avatar
Nicowico Nicowico is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rotterdam, Holland
Posts: 285
Smile

Seller is named sashaaaa. Ha Haaaaa
__________________
SANSUI, built for life!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
asp69's Avatar
asp69 asp69 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
Buddy of mine has 4 of these. He told me you can find em for under $400 if you're patient.
__________________
Yamaha MX-800/CX-800/CR-400 - Sansui 4000/1000X - Technics SU-7300/ST-8600 - Altec Model 19 - Polk SDA 2B - Wharfedale W35 - KLH Model 22 - Epi M202
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Robisme's Avatar
Robisme Robisme is offline
Sansui Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Martinez California
Posts: 9,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp69 View Post
Buddy of mine has 4 of these. He told me you can find em for under $400 if you're patient.
I've rarely seen these come up, and never for $400.

Are you sure he doesn't have B-2102's?

Rob
__________________
Music........Listen to it loud and often!
(With a Sansui) I do, with an AU/TU-719, AU/TU-888, Eight AND Eight Deluxe, G-8000, G-871DB, 9090DB, AU-G99X, Z5000X, 7900Z, S-X1200, and SR-838.
Other......2230, SX-1010, KA-4002, Reference 300R, Reference 650FET R.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
riverrat's Avatar
riverrat riverrat is offline
professional camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robisme View Post
I've rarely seen these come up, and never for $400.

Are you sure he doesn't have B-2102's?

Rob
That's what I was wondering.

I doubt this auction is going to attract any bids, but it is a rare and desirable amp.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Pepa's Avatar
Pepa Pepa is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robisme View Post
I've rarely seen these come up, and never for $400.

Are you sure he doesn't have B-2102's?

Rob
Yes Rob,could be 2101 or 2102,but on the other hand,I remember a few B-2201 transactions from last year...amps were on Florida
__________________
my system: Sansui AU-X1111MosVintage,G-22000,AU-11000A,TU-9900...Harbeth SHL5
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
nosirrah's Avatar
nosirrah nosirrah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 30 min north of seattle
Posts: 7,310
I removed the ebay link, and please folks, if it's a valuation question then it belongs in Dollars and Sense.
__________________
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.







Curator, Sansui Storage Museum
BA/CA 3000/TU 9900
990
AU/TU 888
AU222/TU 555
AU555a/TU 666
and a host of others....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM
bluesky's Avatar
bluesky bluesky is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,875
I've seen "B-2201 Vintage" mentioned before, or at least once before, but have never found a photo or any information on one. If it exists it must be a very rare one. Maybe.

Last edited by bluesky; 12-03-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Robisme's Avatar
Robisme Robisme is offline
Sansui Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Martinez California
Posts: 9,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
I've seen "B-2201 Vintage" mentioned before, or at least once before, but have never found a photo or any information on one. If it exists it must be a very rare one. Maybe.
Here.

http://www.sansui.us/images/PowerAmp..._Vintage_6.jpg

Rob
__________________
Music........Listen to it loud and often!
(With a Sansui) I do, with an AU/TU-719, AU/TU-888, Eight AND Eight Deluxe, G-8000, G-871DB, 9090DB, AU-G99X, Z5000X, 7900Z, S-X1200, and SR-838.
Other......2230, SX-1010, KA-4002, Reference 300R, Reference 650FET R.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Pepa's Avatar
Pepa Pepa is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
I've seen "B-2201 Vintage" mentioned before, or at least once before, but have never found a photo or any information on one. If it exists it must be a very rare one. Maybe.
Come on bluesky...is not so rare....you must be joking
B-2201 looks like B-2301,but in fact is little brother...less powerful and no XLR on back panel
__________________
my system: Sansui AU-X1111MosVintage,G-22000,AU-11000A,TU-9900...Harbeth SHL5
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
bluesky's Avatar
bluesky bluesky is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepa View Post
Come on bluesky...is not so rare....you must be joking
B-2201 looks like B-2301,but in fact is little brother...less powerful and no XLR on back panel
Hi Pepa,

I stand corrected...not rare.

Sometimes simple things just escape me. I can find all the 'hard stuff', just not some of the easy stuff!! :>) I've really had a kind of hard time with the B amps. Reason unknown.

I sure have should of seen this amp on the website you posted because I've seen that website so many times before.

If you guys know any of the 'unknown dates' of the B amps below...please tell me!! Thanks.


B - C amps - preamp dates:
1983 (or 1982) B-2101
1983 (or 1982) C-2101
1983 (or 1982) B-2301 power amplifier.
1984 (or 1982) C-2301 pre-amplifier.
(C-2301 Vintage: May be the same or a different pre-amplifier)
1983 B-2201
Unknown date B-2201 Vintage
1985 B-2201L (domestic) power amp.
Unknown date B-2102
1988? C-2102
1988 B-2102 MOS Vintage power amplifier (domestic)
1990/5 B-2302 Vintage power amplifier
Unknown date B-2103
1992 B-2103 MOS Vintage
1992/5 C-2302 Vintage pre-amplifier (domestic).
1997 B-2105 Vintage power amplifier (domestic).
1997 (or 1999) C-2105 Vintage pre-amplifier (domestic).
1999 B-2105 MOS Vintage
1999 B-2302 Vintage
1999 C-2302P pre-amplifier (domestic).
1995 (or 1999) B-2105 MOS Vintage
1999 (or 1997) C-2105 Vintage pre-amplifier
1999 B-2302 Vintage power amplifier
1999 C-2302P pre-amplifier
--------------------------
Unknown Year(s) of manufacture or introduction:
B-2102
C-2102
B-2102 MOS?
B-2103 MOS?
B-2105 MOS?
B-2201 Vintage
B-2301 Vintage
C-2301?
C-2302P?
C-2302V?

Last edited by bluesky; 12-04-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
bluesky's Avatar
bluesky bluesky is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,875
B-2201 Vintage: There's one up for sale right now, so far $310, and it has quite a few days to go. Not saying where it's being sold so there shouldn't be any problem posting this. Believe me, you won't find it - I don't think, maybe. It's not USA.

15 bids so far, it's devoluped a lotta interest!

Your right Pepa...maybe they are all over the place and I just missed it! :>)

Last edited by bluesky; 04-25-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Endzone's Avatar
Endzone Endzone is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
I've seen "B-2201 Vintage" mentioned before, or at least once before, but have never found a photo or any information on one. If it exists it must be a very rare one. Maybe.
When I visited the PX store there at Kadina Air Base in Okinawa in 1987, they actually had a one sheet brochure on the B-2201 printed on both sides. I took it home, and put it in my file cabinet but it got lost somehow.

The C-2301 control amp weights 46 lbs itself.
__________________
10% of life is what happens to you. The other 90% is how you deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Endzone's Avatar
Endzone Endzone is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
Hi Pepa,

I stand corrected...not rare.

Sometimes simple things just escape me. I can find all the 'hard stuff', just not some of the easy stuff!! :>) I've really had a kind of hard time with the B amps. Reason unknown.

I sure have should of seen this amp on the website you posted because I've seen that website so many times before.

If you guys know any of the 'unknown dates' of the B amps below...please tell me!! Thanks.


B - C amps - preamp dates:
1983 (or 1982) B-2101
1983 (or 1982) C-2101
1983 (or 1982) B-2301 power amplifier.
1984 (or 1982) C-2301 pre-amplifier.
(C-2301 Vintage: May be the same or a different pre-amplifier)
1983 B-2201
Unknown date B-2201 Vintage
1985 B-2201L (domestic) power amp.
Unknown date B-2102
1988? C-2102
1988 B-2102 MOS Vintage power amplifier (domestic)
1990/5 B-2302 Vintage power amplifier
Unknown date B-2103
1992 B-2103 MOS Vintage
1992/5 C-2302 Vintage pre-amplifier (domestic).
1997 B-2105 Vintage power amplifier (domestic).
1997 (or 1999) C-2105 Vintage pre-amplifier (domestic).
1999 B-2105 MOS Vintage
1999 B-2302 Vintage
1999 C-2302P pre-amplifier (domestic).
1995 (or 1999) B-2105 MOS Vintage
1999 (or 1997) C-2105 Vintage pre-amplifier
1999 B-2302 Vintage power amplifier
1999 C-2302P pre-amplifier
--------------------------
Unknown Year(s) of manufacture or introduction:
B-2102
C-2102
B-2102 MOS?
B-2103 MOS?
B-2105 MOS?
B-2201 Vintage
B-2301 Vintage
C-2301?
C-2302P?
C-2302V?
When I got back to the U.S. in June/1988, I called the Sansui rep in Dallas, and he told me the B-2201 was discontinued, but that he could still get the pair (amp and pre-amp) for $1100. It must of been in production from 1983 to 1987/88. This must be about the time Sansui started taking heavy losses. The Sansui rep told me it was originally designed to sell for $5,000, but I wonder if he wasn't exaggerating. He said it was a great "little" amp.
__________________
10% of life is what happens to you. The other 90% is how you deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 AM
bluesky's Avatar
bluesky bluesky is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
When I got back to the U.S. in June/1988, I called the Sansui rep in Dallas, and he told me the B-2201 was discontinued, but that he could still get the pair (amp and pre-amp) for $1100. It must of been in production from 1983 to 1987/88. This must be about the time Sansui started taking heavy losses. The Sansui rep told me it was originally designed to sell for $5,000, but I wonder if he wasn't exaggerating. He said it was a great "little" amp.
Thanks for the dates.

Great 'little' amp?? :>)

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.



Friends of Audiokarma
We appreciate your help in keeping this site going.
Pro DJ Headphones - click here
Amps and Sound
Wargos Electronics
Organ Donor Parts
Sonneteer
Parts Connexion
Sound Stage Direct
Atlantic Systems
AudioClassics
Take Five Audio
AV Solutions
Audio Salon
Tone Arm Audio
Audience AV
Musical Paradise
Simply Speakers
Classic Sound Repair
BD Enterprise
McIntosh Cabinets
Howard Products
Cabledyne
FM DX Antenna
BOI Audio Works
Siliconray
Amplifiedparts
Vinyl Magic Record Cleaner
RSL Speakers
Grant Fidelity
Urban Antigue Radio
Yesterday's Audio
Many Moons Audio
DeWick Repairs
The Tube Store
Vintage Electronics Repair
Audio Doctor
Politicalchat.org
MCM Electronics
Antique Radio Classifieds
Herbies Audio Lab
Videokarma.org
   
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2002-2014 AudioKarma.org, All rights reserved.